NOMINATIONS NOW CLOSED
Click here to see the long list of nominations
The Liverpool Art Prize is a competition of contemporary art open to professional artists based in or born in the Liverpool City Region of the United Kingdom.
2014 will be the 7th Liverpool Art Prize. The competition is administered and managed by Metal at Edge Hill Station.
The prize of £2000 pounds is awarded to the winning artist. The winner of the People’s choice award decided on by the public voting at the gallery will be awarded with £1000.
Nominations close at midnight on Friday 1st November.
The nomination process is slightly different this year. We will follow up each nomination by requesting further information from each artist, including Artist Statement, CV, and a selection of 5 images. Where possible please check with the artists before making your nomination. CLICK HERE FOR NOMINATION FORM PAGE.
- You must be a practicing visual artist born in OR currently based in Liverpool City Region (this includes the boroughs of Liverpool, Wirral, St Helens, Knowsley, Halton and Sefton)
- You can nominate yourself
- The artist needs to have exhibited or realised a project or piece of work in the previous year (June 2012- Present), we’ll ask for some evidence of this later in the nomination process
- Artists who have been shortlisted for the prize in the previous two years are disqualified from the prize.
- Artists will need to be available to exhibit as part of the Liverpool Art Prize 2014 (late April to Early June 2014, exact dates to be confirmed).
- Nominations are welcome from emerging or established artists but nominated artists need to have made a demonstrable contribution or impact on the art scene and to have developed a unique and individual art practice.
- Nominations are accepted from all visual art disciplines (sculpture/painting/performance/installation/film etc).
The judges for this year are:
Pavel Büchler, Czech-born artist, teacher and occasional writer from Manchester
Laura Davis, Arts Editor for the Liverpool Post
Jude Kelly, OBE founder and Chair of Metal, Artistic Director at the Southbank Centre.
Francesco Manacorda, Artistic Director Tate Liverpool
- TABITHA MOSES WINS LIVERPOOL ART PRIZE 2013
- People’s Choice Award in Memory of Liverpool Artist Joe Bampton
- LIVERPOOL ART PRIZE EXHIBITION OPENS THIS WEEK, KICKING OFF MONTH-LONG FEAST OF ART ACROSS CITY
- LIVERPOOL ART PRIZE MOVES TO THE ALBERT DOCK
- SHORTLIST ANNOUNCED FOR LIVERPOOL ART PRIZE 2013
- Nominations Open and Judges Announced for the Liverpool Art Prize 2013
- Nominate for the Liverpool Art Prize 2013
- Liverpool Art Prize 2012 – Winners
- LIVERPOOL ART PRIZE 2012
- New ART MONTH For Liverpool