• Awards Ceremony takes place on Wednesday 30 June 18-20.00 at Metal. All Welcome
• Jude Kelly OBE, Founder of Metal, will be present.
• Overall prize £2000 plus a later show at Walker Art Gallery, People’s Choice Award £1000
• The Exhibition continues until 10 July 2010
• Voting for People’s Choice ends Tuesday 29 June.
Venue: METAL at Edge Hill Station,
Address: Platform 1, Edge Hill Station, Tunnel Road, Liverpool, L7 6ND
Opening hours: Tues – Fri 14.00 – 18.00 Sat 12.00 – 16.00
Artists: Gina Czarnecki, David Jacques, James Quin, Paul Rooney, Emily Speed
Celebrations continue at LEAF Tea shop and bar in the Elevator Building, 27 Parliament St. from 20.00
Two prizes will be awarded:
• The main prize, a cash sum of £2000 plus, new for this year, the opportunity to show at the Walker Art Gallery will be awarded to the over-all winner by a panel of judges.
• The People’s Choice prize of £1000 will be decided from votes cast by the public and will provide an opportunity for visitors to the exhibition to express their preference.
• Juan Cruz (Head of Department, Art & Architecture, LJMU Art and Design Academy)
• Laura Davis (Arts Editor, Liverpool Daily Post)
• Paul Hyland (Duncan Sheard Glass)
• Reyahn King (Director of Art Galleries, National Museums Liverpool)
• Nicki McCubbing (Artist, shortlisted for 2009 Liverpool Art Prize)
• Jay Mitton (Managing Director, Arthur Diamond Design)
• Sara-Jayne Parsons (Exhibitions Curator, the Bluecoat)
Public vote for the ‘People’s Choice’
Visitors to the exhibition are urged to vote for their favourite artist by posting a voting slip into the ballot box. The artist with the most votes will receive the £1000 award. Voting ends on Tuesday 29 June.